Up Your Zoom Meeting Game with Custom Backgrounds
During the current Covid-19 pandemic and period of self-isolation, an obvious game-changer that is reaping the benefits is remote working tools and software. With many people now working from home, Zoom Communications, a space designed for video conferences and webinars has seen a large increase in traffic. According to SEMrush, traffic to Zoom’s website has increased by 67 million site visits during the month of March.
Within Zoom is a setting that can make for a fun way to express yourself, or hide the messy room & half the content of the fridge which you have consumed behind you (Maybe that’s just me). This setting allows users to swap out their real-life background with an image or video while streaming with friends, family, and coworkers.
Change your Zoom background on the desktop app
1. In the Zoom desktop app (you can download here), click your profile in the top right corner, and click settings.
2. On the menu to the left, click virtual background.
3. Here you will see a few default background options provided by Zoom, including the Golden Gate bridge. You can choose one of the default backgrounds by clicking on it, and it will automatically change your screen.
4. If you want to upload a custom photo to use as your background, click the + icon next to where it says Choose Virtual Background. A box will pop up allowing you to upload a photo. Click on the image you want, and it will appear alongside the other pictures as an option for you to choose from. Once selected the image will save automatically.
5. To get rid of any photos you upload and want to remove, tap the X in their top left corner.
Change your Zoom background on the mobile app
1. When you log into your account & join a meeting, tap the three dots at the bottom right of the screen to open the more menu.
2. From here tap Virtual Background option.
3. Select a background from the default options, or upload a custom image you would like to use.